Alumni Gathering Banner
Some friends personally commented to me “mung pandai buat komeng je” (referring to Alumni Raya Gathering) – and quoted about the banner. Well, I told some of them that I will go back to the school and snap some photos with additional comments.
And here it is:
Yes, I did not find other banner besides the one at the school. BUT I may be wrong. Can someone else verify? In my earlier suggestion (a month ago) was to have at several strategic locations. For example:
- Jalan Bukit Kecil – near Persimpangan JPJ/Sabasun – one of the popular spots.
- Jalan Sultan Mahmud (Jalan Batu Buruk) – junction near MB’s official residence
- Jalan Sultan Mohamad/Jalan Kuala Berang/Simpang Tok Ku intersection.
- Bulatan Ladang (Batu Bersurat)
- Somewhere from the airport to town – greeting those coming back by air.
- The Terengganu-Pahang border – have a big sign greeting Sulaimanians home for Raya and gathering.
- and many more. Banner these days are cheap. RM1 – RM3 per square ft.
Yes, the location of the banner at the school was not that visible.
Honestly, every time I come back to KT, passing by the school, I would always slow down and look at the buildings trying to find if there has been any changes. The signage is hardly seen from the other side of the road – with the fence road divider. With MPV, your view maybe better – what would someone driving a car see – maybe more difficult?
And when you passed by from the town, as you reach the banner, the road curves to the right. You have to really turn your head to see what is written. With the speed (even 50 kph) – you just cannot figure out what was said on the banner.
Maybe this (right) could be a better option. At the same location, but bigger and higher. But it will only address those coming to town.
Another suggestion would be the Industrial Art block. The most prominent block when you pass by from Kuala Ibai.
But probably a much better option for future (if there is another) would be the overhead pedestrian crossing. Use both sides. Visible from far away. But remember that the size and design still important consideration.
Yes, of course the color scheme. Though the image below is not clear due to resolution but yellow on pink …? hmmm … reminds me of the school’s Jubli Emas Raya card in 1975. Make it simple. Get the message across. Sufficient. Don’t crowd. Visible and appropriate fonts.
~ by akarimomar on September 24, 2009.